My husband and I just joined a group coaching program focused on healthy eating. When we asked our friend to join, he said “Why would I pay someone to tell me what to eat? I can look it up on the internet for free.”
Ahhh, yes. You can. And How’s that working for you?
No. Action. Has. Been. Taken.
You see, after 42 years, I have learned what I need to get motivated and stay on track.
I need outside accountability.
I hear some people say, “I shouldn’t need other people.” Or “I should be able to do it on my own.” But that just keeps them stuck even more!
Instead of “shoulding” yourself, acknowledge and accept yourself. You are great at MANY things. You don’t have to be perfect at everything.
Here’s what works for me:
- Gyms with monthly memberships, set class times, group workouts, and COACH DIRECTED workouts.
- A health coach who tells me exactly what to do and checks in to see what I am eating and if I am doing the workouts. (at least until I get a routine.)
- A business coach who helps me to set goals, asks powerful questions, and asks about my profits and losses.
- Peers who know my goals and encourage my commitment.
- Doubters – just one or two who ignorantly don’t fully believe I can do it. (This is crazy but it puts a little fire under my ass to prove them wrong.)
- Paying for something! I like free stuff but if I don’t pay for it – I am not fully committed.
Maybe I should be able to do this all on my own but that doesn’t work for me.
- I need people.
- I need a plan.
- I need to pay for it.
I make this mean nothing about me.
I know who I am. I accept who I am. I give myself exactly what I need.
So when my husband and are looking fine as hell on vacation, our friend will still be thinking about what he could find on the internet for free.
Figure out what you need to get motivated and stay on track then make it happen!!!